Do You Tsū?

Tsu

 

Recently, I’ve seen quite a bit of buzz surrounding the new social media platform, “tsū” (pronounced “sue”). My first thought was, “uh…seriously? Another social network? Between the Twitters, Facebooks, Pinterests, and Instagrams of the world, aren’t people a bit social-mediaed out?”

But, my 7-month old was in bed for the night and I had a bit of time on my hands, so it was with quite a bit of skepticism that I did a little more looking. In all honesty, I was pretty sure I’d do a quick look and give a quick, “eh, yeah. No thanks.” However, Facebook has been irritating me more and more with its INSANELY increasing amount of ads, the way it has been selectively displaying posts from businesses unless they pay lots of money, and the amount of spam I’ve been receiving over the last few months. Tsu seemed really interesting.

On the surface, it looks very much like Facebook…a cover image…profile picture…friends…posting…etc. However, unlike Facebook, Tsu seems a lot more interested in generating quality content, not throwing as many ads in your face as they can at one time. The way they do is is by compensating its users for good, original content. You get PAID to post! Basically, all the ad revenue Tsu makes in one day, is distributed to users based on how many organic post-views they get during a 24-hour period.

Ok, so give me the numbers!

Tsu Data

Ok, here you go! So, Tsu takes 10% of all the revenue it earns. The other 90% is shared back to users, part for the person who created the content, and the rest to the people who referred that person to Tsu (and the people who referred the people who referred the person to Tsu) – in Tsu terms, the “parents” and “grandparents” of the poster. The more views and engagement you generate as a user, the larger portion of the pie you get.

Clever Classroom offers an awesome graphic to help explain how revenue generated gets divided.

Tsu

What I love is that I don’t feel like Tsu is trying to take advantage of its users. After all, the content of the users is what brings revenue to the social media platform anyway. We may as well get our piece of the pie! Also, Tsu is super new – it only launched this month! If it does take off like Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter, every user that joins will be joining from one of us that is already there, so if you like trying new things, you may as well get in early!
Want to give it a try? Tsu is free, but you can only join via an invitation with the use of a ‘short code’. Here’s my short code: https://www.tsu.co/onestopcounseling
See you over there!
signature

Leave a Reply