These break apart puzzles are a fun and easy way to help students develop their empathy skills and learn to recognize feelings and emotions in others.
Each 2-piece puzzle features a fun character that must be matched up with its correct situation. 8 different feelings in each of 5 different Halloween characters, for a total of 40 puzzles! Puzzles are presented in full color as well as a printer-friendly black and white version.
I recently saw a hilarious post on Sublime Speech about the Spookiest Things To Do To an SLP. I figured I’d jump on the fun and make a list for school social workers as well (I did borrow a few of hers!)!
Blinking voicemail light to start the day
A move-in student with a behavior plan and social work minutes
Burps, gas, and runny noses
“I DIDN’T TAKE MY MEDICINE TODAY!”
An invasion of the Unthinkables – A required 8-hour workshop that doesn’t offer CEUs
“I don’t allow _______ accommodation in my classroom.”
10 calendar days or 10 school days?
An IEP invitation for tomorrow morning at 8:00 am
“My child has ADHD, and Bipolar Disorder, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, and ODD, Tourette’s, and Anxiety, and Autism. They also have bad handwriting and can’t tie their shoes.”
Required professional development about teaching math under Common Core
I’m really excited to announce the arrival of my new Fall Social-Emotional Activity Pack! I already have Holiday and Spring Social-Emotional Packs in my store, so I knew I wanted to add a Fall pack too. This one was specifically designed with kindergarten through second grade students in mind, but may be appropriate for older students too who are working at a lower level.
It contains several social skills, anger management, and social emotional activities that are sure to get your students excited about the cooler weather! It contains the following:
– 24 Fall-Themed Conversation Cards* – 24 Friendship Scenario Cards*
– Angry Monster Coping Skills Activity
– “Banish the Boos” Positive Thinking Activity (and answer key)
– “Debug” Problem-Solving Activity
– Halloween Behavior Punch Cards (2, 4, 6, 9, or 16 per page)
– Listening Poster (4 different genders/races used)
– Pumpkin Emotion Cards for matching, role-playing, or other games
– Pumpkin Friendship Glyph*
– Thankfulness Turkey Activity
– Thanksgiving Behavior Punch Cards (2, 4, 6, 9, or 16 per page)
– Trick or Treat Behavior Sort Activity