Sometimes we have to disguise learning into games! Students love Candyland®, but don’t always like talking about bullying, anger control, or problem-solving.
Students of all ability levels love moving their piece along the same Candyland® board they’ve come to know and love, and hardly even realize they’re learning at the same time! For older students, you don’t even have to use a board. Just use question cards in a trivia-type game and award points for correct answers/attempts.
Luckily, they can do both with Social Skills Land! This contains 576 EDITABLE cards (with decorative card backs for easy organization) to help students learn about the following topics:
- Anger Control
- Positive Thinking
– Cause & Effect
– Mental Health/Disability Info
– WH Questions
– Pragmatic Language
– Body Language
1) What is an antonym for “bumpy”?
2) MAKE IT POSITIVE! I’ll probably fail this test just like the other ones.
3) Draw a scared person.
4 What does interrupting mean?
5) TRUE OR FALSE? When parents split up, it is because they don’t love their kids anymore.
6) Act out what an angry person would look like.
Note: Candyland® is a registered trademark of Hasbro, Inc. I am not affiliated in any way with Hasbro, Inc!